The Crossness Pumping Station was built is 1865 by Joseph Bazalgette for the London Sewage System. The pumping station still has the four original large rotative beam engines – one engine, The Prince Consort, has been successfully restored and is functional again. The station presents the glory of the Victorian era through the most striking ornamental cast ironwork in the Octagon room. The pumping station now has a museum, but is still under restoration.
Crossness Pumping Station
web dev2018-05-17T14:54:12+00:00April 24th, 2018|Comments Off on Crossness Pumping Station
Comments are closed.